on Using the Features of CMA
Are you new to this
mosaic community or have you been
away for a while and popping back to see what is happening? Here
are a few ideas for getting (re)started.....
- Please use your full, real name. This makes our
network that much more social. (Click
- Add a photo to your profile, this is something you
agreed to when you became a member, so that other mosaic
can get to know you. (Click My Page.)
- Customize your profile. Make sure that you have
profile as new questions have been added (Click My
- View the Members page and send some friend requests
you know, or wish to know. That way you can send and receive direct
messages from those friends and control access to the content you
post. (Click Members.)
- Use the Invite features to bring your mosaic artist
friends to the
community. (Click Invite.)
- Start a new discussion or comment on an existing
Forum and Start a
You need to join a group before
you can leave a comment or post a discussion topic.
Join a Group (Click on the photo of the group
you wish to join or
via the drop down menu under the
- Want critique on your work? - Think About It ,
read the instructions carefully and upload
your mosaic for comment.
- Have a charity or community project you need help
Charities News is where you can
- Want to find an
opportunity in the U.S. or Internationally ? - International Opportunities and
might have just
what you are looking for.
- Need some Help with a mosaic project? - Try
the HELP Group, start a new
Discussion and ask the
community for advice.
- Looking for a mosaic class in your area or offering
to teach? - Mosaic Courses or check the tab -
- Have a work in process that you would like advice
about or you want other members to notice your progress post in - Work in Progress.
- Been traveling and seen some great mosaics? Let other
members know about your discoveries -
Mosaics You Found While Traveling.
- Heading out on a travel adventure and want to connect
with other mosaics artists
- I'm Traveling is the place for you to make those
- Have you found something about mosaics in the news
that you want to share with the other members - Mosaics in the News - will
help keep us all up to date.
- If you struggle with motivation and staying inspired
the - Inspiration Group -
is the place to get you creative juices flowing
- The human figure has been the subject of great art
forever and is in mosaics
- The Nude Form in Mosaics, Necessary or Not.
- Are there some exciting things happening for you or
mosaic artists you might know? Share this exciting information in - Members News.
- Do you have a blog? Let the members of CMA
know about it by posting the link - Blog.
- Want to know where other members are located CMA has
two places for you to discover your neighbor - Members Locations is the group
and the Member Map (a tab).
- Read any great books lately? If so let
other members know what they are and what you enjoyed about the book - Book Reviews.
- Do you wonder how to turn you hobby into a profession - Mind Your Business -
is the place to find helpful advice
the Walls - fill
the walls of this group with the mosaics you entered into exhibitions
whether they were accepted as a part of the exhibition or not.
Reviews - have you been to an exhibition that thrilled
you and you want others to benefit from it also?
important aspect of our community is YOUR
participation. It is not fair to our members if you do not
contribute anything but take everything they have to offer and not
give anything in return. A comment on a photo, discussion or forum,
uploading photo's of your work and allowing our members the
pleasure of being inspired by your efforts all contributes towards
the continued dynamics of our community.
We look forward to your